Submit your email address below to receive email updates from Business24.
Judging has taken place and the finalists in the Penrith Chamber of Trade and Commerce ‘Stars of Business’ awards have been announced.
The team of judges were extremely impressed with the standard of applications that came through and the amount of impressive businesses we have in the Penrith area. The judges were:
• David Martin, Business Manager at Lloyd Motors in Carlisle
• Karen Brownrigg, Sales Manager at Carlisle Racecourse
• Amanda Callaghan Business Development Manager at Natwest in Carlisle
• Janice Jackson, Direct Marketing Manager at Cumbrian Newspapers.
The judges were selected for their business knowledge and expertise and remain impartial to the Chamber. The finalists were selected based on their application forms, which demonstrated business success, commitment to excellence, customer service, development and training practices, sustainability and innovative marketing.
Shortlisted businesses in the Stars of Business awards include:
Small Business of the Year Award (sponsored by Penrith Building Society)
• Country Puddings
• Elite Fitness
• Weddings by Annabel
Large Business of the Year (sponsored by Armstrong Watson)
• Ghyllmount Dental Practice
• H&H Reeds Printers
Business Person of the Year (Sponsored by Lloyd Honda and Volvo B2B Sales)
• Angela Murray of AgeUK Carlisle & Eden
• Jili Allen of Jili Allen Creative
• Steven Sharkey of Elite Fitness
Outstanding Contribution to Business (sponsored by Cumberland & Westmorland Herald)
• Eden Arts
• Phil Graham of Arragons Cycles
• Kelvin Dixon of Seagraves & Dixon
The awards, which are sponsored by Dodd’s Accountants, have been designed to showcase local businesses and recognise the huge commitment they have shown to the development and economy of the local area.
The winners of the “Stars of Business” awards will be announced at the Chamber’s annual dinner on the 22nd June.