Submit your email address below to receive email updates from Cumbria24.
GPs across Cumbria have taken to the screen to explain their new role leading local health services and how it will affect patients locally. A special video featuring all six of Cumbria's lead commissioning GPs is being launched as part of NHS Cumbria's Clinical Commissioning Group's 'Listening to Cumbria' campaign.
The video aims to explain to people what GP commissioning is, what it means for the people of Cumbria and how will it work. The video can be seen online at: www.yourhealthcumbria.co.uk and on Youtube at: www.youtube.com/channelctv
'Listening to Cumbria' is a campaign being launched by the doctor led Cumbria Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)which will replace NHS Cumbria, the primary care trust next year as the organisation making local health commissioning decisions in the county.
‘Commissioning’ means planning and purchasing NHS services for local people from hospital trusts and other organisations.
GPs will be at a number of events starting this week to talk to the public and hear their views on local NHS services and explain the changes around how they will be involved in deciding how and where services should be delivered.
Free health checks will also be on offer and stop smoking advice for people who come along on the day.
A series of roadshow events will launch the 'Listening to Cumbria' campaign and are taking place across the county from 23 May to 1st June.
The events will take place at:
- South Lakeland, Wednesday 23rd May, Asda car park Kendal, from 12noon until 7pm
- Eden, Thursday 24th May, Morrison's car park Penrith, from 12noon until 7pm
- Carlisle, Friday 25th May, Carlisle City Centre, from 10am until 4pm
- Furness, Wednesday 30th May, Asda car park, Barrow, from 12noon until 7pm
- Copeland, Thursday 31st May, Market Place, Whitehaven, from 10am until 4pm
- Allerdale, Friday 1st June, Dunmail Park Shopping Centre from 12noon until 7pm
Visit www.yourhealthcumbria.co.uk for more information and to share your views.
Surveys are also available in GP surgeries across the county.
The 'Cumbria's GPs, Listening to You' video can be viewed at www.youtube.com/channelctv